Studying in the UK and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Guidance for International Students
If you are an international student interested in UK study and need advice and support throughout this unprecedented period, please read below for the latest information.
Visa Vertex continues to closely monitor local conditions and government advice in the UK, as well as across all our global offices. If you need to speak to someone, please reach out to our team on here or arrange a free online consultation with Visa Vertex London today.
Study UK and Coronavirus Updates
- All UK Travel Restrictions Removed
The UK Government has announced that all testing measures for eligible fully vaccinated travellers arriving in the UK are now removed. Key points from the most recent announcement include:
- All testing to be removed for fully vaccinated arrivals
- Non-vaccinated travellers will need to take a pre-departure PCR test and another on Day 2
- Travellers under 18 will be considered as fully vaccinated
- A passenger locator form will need to be completed pre-arrival
- Approved Vaccine List
To qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England, you must have proof of vaccination with a full course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England:
- Janssen (single dose vaccine)
- Novavax (Nuvaxovid and Covovax)
- Pfizer BioNTech
- Sinopharm Beijing
- International Student Vaccine Priority in the UK
International students in the UK are able to access vaccinations as they are rolled out across the country, meaning you may receive the vaccine quicker in the UK than your home country and will be protected when returning home.
Once you have registered with a local GP in the UK, you can book your COVID-19 vaccination.
- UK Arrival Information
Fully Vaccinated: If you qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England, you:
- Will not need to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England or after you arrive
- Will not need to quarantine when you arrive
- Will need to complete a passenger locator form before you travel
Not fully vaccinated: If you do not qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England, you will need to:
- Online Consultations
If you would like to discuss your current application with one of our consultants Click on Contact Us.