Federal Skilled Program
Federal Skilled Program
FEDERAL SKILLED PROGRAMThe Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is easier than the most popular immigration stream in the entire Express Entry program. It is the fastest immigration program meant for working professionals. Applicants are assessed on the basis of their abilities and potential to directly contribute in terms of workforce power to the regional and national economy and those who meet the criteria are chosen for entry into Canada as permanent residents. Currently Canada has high demand occupations, most of which are processed through the Express Entry stream. Though the eligibility criteria for FSW is rather relaxed, when compared to the immigration requirements of developed countries across the world, the bulk of applications received each year make successful selection a challenge in itself. You must have to score high to being selected.
Eligibility/Requirements for Federal Skilled Worker ProgramThe following is a list of requirements necessary to be able to apply for immigration to Canada through the Express Entry program. Please note that these criteria are subject to change without prior notification so it is advised to stay abreast with the latest developments in this industry:
- Candidates applying through the Express Entry program are required to have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a full-time capacity in their relevant job field.
- Candidates need to identify their occupation in one of three National Occupation Classification categories – Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level 1 (Professional Occupations) or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades).
- All candidates must score a least 67 points under skill assessment grid comprising all factors.
- Applicants should ideally have a full time job offer letter from a Canadian employer and must also qualify the Labour Market Impact Assessment
- As Canada has two official languages, a candidate is required to get language points for Canada immigration and have proficiency in at least one and showcase the same by obtaining a language proficiency of 7 as per the Canadian Language Benchmark.
- In addition, applicants must also show that they have enough funds to support themselves and their dependants for at least 3 months after moving to Canada.
The following list is a step-by step guide to Canada immigration through FSW stream:
- Create an Express Entry profile, Apply as a skilled worker make an Expression of Interest (EOI) and submit it to CIC.
- The Express Entry profile you created will be ranked in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
- If you are able to pass the minimum clearance score, then the Canada immigration authorities will send you an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR in Canada.
- Once selected, you will need to submit health and police clearance certificates as well as other security checks. Thereafter, you will need to submit an application for approval to Canada immigration.
- Your application will be reviewed by a visa officer.
- If approved, you will be required to pay the permanent residency fee and request your passport.
- Finally, you would be able to move to Canada with your family and begin a new life.
Federal Skilled Worker Application Processing Fee (Government)
- Principal Applicant – $550
- Spouse – $550
- Child under 19 – $150
Right of Permanent Resident Fee
- Principal Applicant – $490
- Spouse – $490
- Children – No Fee