Oxford International College
Oxford International College (OIC) is an independent sixth form college offering A-Levels and GCSEs, preparing students for competitive degrees at the world’s top universities. In 2019, which was the last year when grades were awarded based on standardised external examinations, the college reached the top of the UK Independent School league tables.
At OIC we focus on a career curriculum, which gives students a competitive edge when applying to university and in their future careers. This is based around our three pillars of success: academic excellence, career and university preparation and personal development.
Joining the Nord Anglia Education family of schools has opened doors to a new, global network of opportunities for OIC students, which perfectly complements the innovation and quality in our teaching.
Every course at OIC falls under the umbrella programme we call Global Strategic Pathways. This is a unique platform that we have developed over the years of work with top universities worldwide.
A-Level courses are OIC’s principal programme, during which each student follows an individualised pathway to their dream university. Fast-track one-year GCSE programme ensures that students enter their university application with a strategic advantage.
OIC College Facts
- In 2019, OIC reached the top of the UK Independent School league tables
- 100% of our A-level class teachers are either Oxford University graduates and/or hold PhD degrees
- Top university destinations include Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial and LSE.
- Flexible course options: we offer a September and January start as well as a 1-year GCSE and 18-month A-level course.
- In 2019, we had a 100% success rate to Medical School applications and applications to Russell Group universities.
OIC offer boarding at four Oxford sites. Wavy Gate, Thames Street, and Student Castle are available to all students. Alice House is available to students over the age of 18.
All rooms are single and have ensuite shower rooms. Meals are served at college canteen three times a day, seven times a week. Students have access to the Oxford University Sports Club situated within walking distance of the college and the halls of residence.
The boarding package for all boarding facilities includes:
- Accommodation during term times and half terms
- Meals in the College dining room (except during summer and winter holidays)
- Residential House Parents and Wardens
- Superfast WiFi internet access
- Sports centre membership for over-16s and access to sports facilities for all
- Laundry facilities (fee per load paid via app or laundry card) and weekly clean of communal areas
One of the world’s most famous university cities, it’s no surprise that Oxford is a thriving hub for scholars and academics.
The spire-topped English Gothic grade I and II-listed buildings that house the University of Oxford’s 38 different colleges are scattered throughout the labyrinth of Oxford’s tapered cobbled streets.
The town also benefits from a vibrant arts and cultural scene. Venues such as the Oxford Playhouse and the Old Fire Station host a diverse range of concerts including drama, dance, musical performances, comedy and more, including student-targeted entertainment and opportunities for young people to get involved in acting.