We look forward to welcoming you to one of the largest and most successful colleges in the UK! Newcastle College fact file:
- With nearly 30,000 students at Newcastle College, you know you’ll be in good company.
- In July 2008 we received a Grade One OFSTED Inspection, the best of any college in the north east.
- Beacon status – one of only nineteen colleges that have been awarded this status in the UK.
- Ongoing investment programme of £250 million in campus facilities – study in inspirational buildings and with cutting edge facilities.
- University awarded Foundation Degrees and Honours Degrees.
- Widest range of school leaver courses at the largest college in the north east.
- Flexible learning – evening, weekend and day-time study to fit around your lifestyle or working commitments
- Outstanding QAA results (Quality Assurance Agency) giving you the highest quality of teaching, particularly in performing arts, beauty, sport, hospitality, tourism, art and design.
- Winner of Company of the Year in the North East Business Awards 2005 – benefit from our award-winning performance and investment.
- High quality advice and guidance – Student Services were recently re-accredited for Matrix, the quality standard for Information, Advice and Guidance.
- Excellent links with employers – giving you access to live work placements to help improve your career prospects
- We offer you competitive tuiton fees and non-repayable bursaries for higher education students.
- Agreed progression routes – helping to take your qualifications even higher.
At Newcastle College we are proud to offer an ever increasing range of undergraduate, school leaver, vocational and part-time courses. Teaching and student support at the college are second to none and we have a fantastic variety of state-of-the-art facilities including the Lifestyle Academy with modern gym, luxurious spa, beauty salon and Chefs’ Academy restaurant; A state-of-the-art £21 million Performance Academy for music and performing arts; A new £8.6 million city centre resource for employers and employees to train – opening September 2007; and the brand new re-development of Grade II listed Rye Hill House, representing a new gateway to the college’s facilities to mention just a few.
Newcastle is a superb place to live, and Newcastle College is a great place to study. Choose us and we will make sure you fulfil your potential.